Sunday, March 25, 2007

It's been a while

It seemed an age since I had last posted, so I checked the date and realised that I wasn't wrong. The events of the past few months have been so numerous that I don't really know where to start.

Most significantly, I made my application to university through UCAS. For those not familiar with the system, it allows you to apply online to a maximum of 6 universities, each of which may either reject your application or make you an offer of a place on the course, usually one contingent upon achieving certain grades at A-level. Over the course of several months I received a full complement of offers from my chosen institutions, which may sounded good until push came to shove, and I had to eliminate four to leave only "Firm" and "Insurance" choices (with the former being the preferred institution).

In the end, I chose Imperial College in London as my firm choice and Warwick as the insurance. Both are excellent institutions and impressed me greatly, so I won't feel too bad if the acid test of my exam results means that an Imperial rejection is on the cards.

When I first started writing this post (not only am I too lazy to update regularly, but I can't even write a post in one sitting) the upcoming exams seemed a distant event, but with my first out of the way and the bulk of them just round the corner, reality has hit home.

Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home