Friday, December 02, 2005

A not entirely satisfactory week

I have not updated for some time; the sharper of you might have already deduced that since the aim of the blog is to reflect my life, nothing much has happened. This week, however, has provided a not-so-welcome interruption of schedule.

I find it strange how computers are devices of logic, yet they seem to be behave so illogically - it's damn annoying more than anything, as - invariably - I am the one who ends up having to fix them. As if to remind me of this, the technology in my house has decided to celebrate our entry into the festive season by promptly refusing to work. The list of equipment on strike consists of the following:

Router power pack - seems to have a fondness for randomly withdrawing power
My computer's RAM - decided that giving data back correctly was too much work
HP printer - "i don't have any ink cartridges, lol"
IBM hard disk - thought that clicking was more impressive than storing data

As a result of this, I now have to return the RAM at my own cost, replace the printer, replace the power pack, and replace the hard disk. Not good.

To make things worse, I am currently typing this entry to you from an old Pentium 3 computer; if The Antiques Roadshow team come into town, I'll be sure to take it along for them to have a look at; I dare say that most of items on their show are of a similar vintage. The machine in question is currently finding it very hard to hold a voice conversation with a friend and accept input from the keyboard simultaneously.

I guess these things happen...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home